Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My 17 year grandson do not want to live with his mother

Customer Question

My 17 year grandson do not want to live with his mother anymore. My son his father about 10 years old. She told him that she wish he was dead. I need all the legal rights adoption, legal custody for insurance purposes.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. She took his keys away from him on Wed and he could not get in the apt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My 17 year grandson do not want to live with his mother anymore. My son his father died about 10 years old. She told him that she wish he was dead. I need all the legal rights adoption, legal custody for insurance purposes.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is the mother willing to allow you to adopt the grandchild or allow the child to live with you?