Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What is required to get verification of marriage, divorce,

Customer Question

Good morning ! What is required to get verification of marriage, divorce, or annulment in the United States?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was a minor when I met my spouse, however, a previous international marriage or dependent information was not revealed. I think my spouse remarried or is having a relationship with a different person. He probably filed in VA or MD.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Furthermore, I retained an attorney in 1992. My request for a separation has not been fully granted as of 09/23/2016.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. Can you please share with me a little more about the situation? What are you trying to do and what exactly do you need?