TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

What do I do if I can't afford fines for being in contempt

Customer Question

What do I do if I can't afford fines for being in contempt of court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. Thank you for your patience.

If I were in a situation where I could not afford to pay fines for being in contempt of court, I would file a motion explaining the problem to the judge, and request that the fines be reduced or that they be eliminated completely. If possible, I would include evidence that I cannot afford the fines.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also,please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.