Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband is paying about 1,200 dollars in child support

Customer Question

hello, my husband is paying about 1,200 dollars in child support and is looking to get it reevaluated because the amount is garnishing his pay check. however we don't have any money to pay for a lawyer to speed up the porcess.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: it is in florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the child support is enforced through the state. He has a custody agreement in place as well, but that is as far as it has gone.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes that he is in the military and when the child support was first established we lived off base but now that we have a child together we moved on base and the amount of child support is basically garnishing his paycheck because we no longer receive BAH
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Would you like the forms so they can be filed "in pro per" (without an attorney)?