Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What are the laws in regards to DCCS and venue. My child

Customer Question

What are the laws in regards ***** ***** and venue. My child lived about 2 hrs away from my wife in a different county. However, my wife moved her with her about 4-5 months ago. And DCCS is trying to input child support on me from June 2015 to now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your question is too broad. Kindly specify.

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In order for DCCS to order or enforce child support doesn't the child need to live in the same County as the parent receiving child support? Is there a time frame to establish residence? (for example 6 months residence in county)