Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years

A friend of mine went over to where here ex lives now after

Customer Question

hello a friend of mine went over to where here ex lives now after drinking and wanted to see the dogs they had together the ex went inside to get the dog and the friend followed her and ex and a friend of the ex that lives there said the my friend was trying to push them and they took them outside where they laid until a friend of theres came and got them. anyway that was a week ago and they did nothing about it and saying they will now and they have a security video to show everything.... what kind of arrest would that be there was no trespassing and she had said she could come see the dogs.....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy. Let me clarify: you're saying your friend went to her ex's home to see their dogs. She was given permission to visit the home and the dogs. She was invited inside the home. At some point, some type of altercation occurred and she left the property. Now, a week later, the ex wants to say he is going to file charges? Is that a correct summary?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it wasn't her exes home it was a friend she was living with but the ex has residence there now. The ex had said that she could come over earlier that day to see dogs ...yes they said my friend followed her in the house and was trying to push they were some words and they took her out and sit her down and another friend came and got her and its a week later

Thanks for clarifying. If they file a police report, it's possible your friend could be charged with trespassing if she did not immediately leave the property after being told to do so. It is also possible, depending on what exactly happened, she could be charged with some type of assault and/or battery based on the altercation if it became physical. Given this fact situation and that they have waited a week to report it, however, I'm not sure the police would proceed with any charges. But, that would be up to them once they interview the parties and conduct an investigation. So, to answer your question, the kind of arrest/charges she could possibly face is trespassing and/or some type of assault/battery charges.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please kindly accept my answer and leave a positive rating. This is the only way Just Answer compensates experts for their time. I'm happy to answer followup questions after rating. Thank you.