Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am from india, i have been divorced 2 years back and have

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i am from india
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: i have been divorced 2 years back and have a son who is 8 years old
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: my wife is getting amrried in new jersy i am sorry married she wants to take my child along with her to nj
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yea
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my wife is getting married at new jersy she wants the custody of my child i want to draft a agreement to see weather the child is happy with her in case the child is not happy i can take the custody of the child back and bring him back to india is this possible
my wife has also commited worbally that she would be sending my son twice in a year to visit me ? can i take this in writing from her and if she does not abide by the law can i challenge her in court
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

A different Attorney here.

Could you explain a little more?

Was the divorce granted here in the U.S.?

If so, what is the current custody Order?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The divorce has been taken in India, and the permant custody is with the mother and i have visiting rights, my ex wife says she is willing to send the child twice a year to india for 25 days, can i register her statement and if incase she doesnt send the child then can i challenge her statements

Thank you for the information.

Yes, you can. If she does not comply, then you can challenge her statements or take her back to Court for not complying with the Custody/Visitation Order.