Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

Need review of a relationship contract/prenup

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Are you getting married soon?

-

Were you presented with the contract by your partner and this is the type of review that you are seeking?

-

Can you provide a few more details on the relationship ?

-

You would have to provide the contract via email and there is an additional fee. This service is simply a question and answer service and if you seek additional services such as you describe, there is an additional fee. I just want to make you aware of that before we continue to see if that is acceptable.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Mary,I was planning on getting married soon, and am recently engaged. However, I recently found out that my partner has a prohibitive amount of debt 30-40K that I cannot afford to pay off at the moment. She has quite a bit of family problems all stemming from financial issues.I proposed several months ago and spent a handsome chunk of money on the ring--around 7 thousand dollars. I am not quite sure how things will play out between us if her financial issues are not resolved. Both of her parents are bankrupt and her mother is a compulsive spender. The mother essentially conned the daughter into opening a series of credit cards with which the mother did the spending. I am working my partner to have the mother get a loan to buy up all the debt, doing debt consolidation, or a debt transfer.To the point, I wrote a contract with certain terms to give me safety in our relationship and was hoping to pass it by you to see if it qualifies as legitimate and will hold up, if things fall through.I can copy and paste it here. let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The contract is very short, and a total of 2 pages. I wrote it.

Hello again -

-

Forward it to me at marymeaden at comcast.net and I can give you an idea of what it will cost through JA to have it reviewed and commented upon by me. It is easier for me to do it on an email. MARY

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK sending now.

OK.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sent it over. Please take a look.

Ok.