Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

My wife wants a divorce doesn't want any part of the house

Customer Question

My wife wants a divorce doesn't want any part of the house how do I remove her from the title?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am an attorney with over 20 years of experience and I look forward to assisting you today. Please hold on while I review your question and type and answer.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You may file a Quit Claim Deed. A Quit Claim Deed is most used between spouses when one spouse will will remain on the title and live in the house after divorce or separation. This deed would transfer the title from community property to separate property. You extinguish your rights to the property once you sign it. The Quit Claim Deed must be signed and notarized in order to be valid. Usually, a Preliminary Change in Ownership Form is filed with the deed. I hope this helps.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Did you have any other questions?