Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

3 years ago my kids were taken away from me and placed with

Customer Question

3 years ago my kids were taken away from me and placed with my mom but my case has been open for over 3 years now isn't there a limit 2 how long a defense case since they open now and who would I contact if defense isn't doing their job which is in fact why I can't do my job or what they asked me to because they don't put in the referrals so that I can make appointments and is there any way if I already sign my rights over to reverse that and what would happen if I fire my court appointed ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ashlee McLaughlin replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, are you talking about two separate cases: a child custody case, and a criminal defense case? Or are you referring to an attorney that was appointed by the court to protect your parental rights? Either way, if you choose to dismiss this attorney, the court may decide to appoint another attorney for you. They are much more likely to do this if it is a criminal case. However, the court may also decide that your only other option is to represent yourself or hire private counsel since you already had a court appointed lawyer. Regarding your custody case, did you actually terminate your custody rights?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
mam and he was appionted
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Now what id defac has not paid my mom any money for her supporting my two daughters and she isnt even allowed to file them on her taxes plus they say she makes to much money get food stamps which isnt true
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Who is it i can contact who is over defac or contact when they r at fault who makes sure they r doing there jobs right? And how long is it that a defac case is allowed to go on?