How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11724
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

3 years ago my kids were taken away from me and placed with

Customer Question

3 years ago my kids were taken away from me and placed with my mom but my case has been open for over 3 years now isn't there a limit 2 how long a defense case since they open now and who would I contact if defense isn't doing their job which is in fact why I can't do my job or what they asked me to because they don't put in the referrals so that I can make appointments and is there any way if I already sign my rights over to reverse that and what would happen if I fire my court appointed ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ashlee McLaughlin replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, are you talking about two separate cases: a child custody case, and a criminal defense case? Or are you referring to an attorney that was appointed by the court to protect your parental rights? Either way, if you choose to dismiss this attorney, the court may decide to appoint another attorney for you. They are much more likely to do this if it is a criminal case. However, the court may also decide that your only other option is to represent yourself or hire private counsel since you already had a court appointed lawyer. Regarding your custody case, did you actually terminate your custody rights?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
mam and he was appionted
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now what id defac has not paid my mom any money for her supporting my two daughters and she isnt even allowed to file them on her taxes plus they say she makes to much money get food stamps which isnt true
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Who is it i can contact who is over defac or contact when they r at fault who makes sure they r doing there jobs right? And how long is it that a defac case is allowed to go on?

Related Family Law Questions