Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

My ex wife refuses me visitation with my 2 children, ages 14

Customer Question

my ex wife refuses me visitation with my 2 children, ages 14 and 16, I have "Reasonable" visitation as agreed by the parents, but she never lets me have the children
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am great father, no alcohol, no drugs, same company over 30 yrs, no arrest, nothing, clean, professional
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.

Hello there --

-

In order to challenge her refusing visitation you have to go to the family court where your divorce took place and where the agreement regarding visitation should be filed with the court. You need to file a Motion for Contempt of Court with the clerk's office at the family court and you can get the forms and assistance completing the forms at the clerk's office at the county family court where the original decisions were made. If you have moved from that state, then you need to make the request in the local family court in the county and state where the ex and the children are living. Once the paperwork is filed she will be summonsed to court and she will have to answer for why you are not getting reasonable visitation with the kids (usually that is every other weekend and some school holidays). If she refuses to start cooperating then the court will fine her and eventually send her to jail for a night or two until she starts to comply with the court orders.

-

If you have no further questions, can you please press a positive rating above in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you today? I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above so I greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU !!

-

MARY

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already started the Show Cause, I have a court date 25 Oct., I need to pay an atty for coaching on how I can best present my case, do you provide coaching for fee? Thx
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you there?

Hello there --

-

Yes. I am here. Are you going to have an attorney with you on the court date or are you just looking for some help prior to that date in order to present your best case? If you plan on having an attorney with you on the court date you are better off getting your assistance from the attorney. If you have another question or two that I can answer here, I am happy to do so.

-

MARY