P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

15 year old daughter will speak to judge regarding custody,

Customer Question

15 year old daughter will speak to judge regarding custody, she doesn't see her dad due to his leaving and various other issues she has with him. I am in California, can we ask for a therapist to attend conference? I am concerned because dad is accusing me of alienating her from him.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We are divorcing and have been in court for two years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have primary custody and dad has 2% visitation, But is fighting for more but she doesn't want to see him Ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me more about mention "conference" this a hearing? Are you represented by council?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a lawyer and it is a hearing that daughter is speaking to judge

Thank you
You can make the request to the judge to allow the therapist to attend the hearing. You would make this request to the judge, ideally, through your lawyer. If you are representing yourself, contact the clerk of the court to determine what form you need to use to file this notice to the judge

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.