Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

About 8 years ago my ex husband had me acted after about a

Customer Question

About 8 years ago my ex husband had me baker acted after about a month of marriage. I have not had any issues since but now this information is public. I have worked very hard and am a professional with a masters degree and one of my students asked me if I had a mental health problems. I really need help, I was not and am not a treat to myself or anyone else. What are my rights? How do I get this information removed?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know what exactly you are asking, have I filed anything?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just really would like some help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

If a Baker Act is filed/requested that is public record. It will show the person who is being Baker acted, and who requested it, and then what was done with it. The actual papers are not visible, they are kept private, but the fact they are done is available. You will have to contact FDLE in Tallahassee again for expungement of record. They are the State Agency that is obligated to control these records and have an expungement department. there is a form to fill out to request this be done. A judge may order it to be expunged as well.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/ In the site there is an expungement process form. Also, most all medical reports are going to be protected under the HIPPA laws.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.