Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I just received court papers today and in it it says he is

Customer Question

I just received court papers today and in it it says he is requesting to have physical custody of our 14 year old daughter. She has not been alone with him for about 2 1/2 months and that's her own decision because she is afraid of him. He wants to come over now and pick her up against her own will. Can he do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Before this matter, were there already custody orders in place, or not? If so, were you the managing custodian?

2) Do the court papers have a court order that give him immediate custody? Or not, and he is simply asking for temporary custody in a court hearing that is coming up? Or, not sure? Is there any way you can attach the documents to your reply?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.