Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

We live in aurora, co, am I able to use the Marchman Act?

Customer Question

we live in aurora, co, am I able to use the Marchman Act? What is the procedure to follow?
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to proceed legally
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no direct equivalent of the Marchman Act in Colorado per se. However, there does exist an involuntary commitment process which allows a similar result - see HERE. This allows an applicant who has observed the person intoxicated and/or a danger to themselves or others to ask the Court to commit the person to a psychiatric hold. The link contains the step by step procedures.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.