Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

A judgement lien in Oregon (ORS 18.078) was awarded a few

Customer Question

A judgement lien in Oregon (ORS 18.078) was awarded a few years back to my ex on some real estate property we jointly own in Washington State. She never placed the liens, are they still valid?
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist with your question tonight. First though, I need clarification of: 1) was the judgment for support? 2) have you ever had a title search done on the real estate in question? It will take me a little time to look up the Oregon statute I'm on Eastern time, so I might not get back to you until tomorrow morning.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I was able to find out a few things about the Oregon judgment lien statute, which is a little unusual. In most states, a judgment against an individual is automatically a lien against any property owned by that individual in the county were the judgment was entered. Under Oregon procedure, ORS 18.150, the court administrator must determine whether the judgment constitutes a judgment lien, and then file a report of that, with copies sent to the parties. I was able to find that a judgment lien is good for 10 years. ORS 12.070. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I hope that my service has been helpful. If you have a follow up question, please send me a Reply for further information. If not, please rate my Answer so that I can close out the question. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.