Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

My CNA license was revoke in 2009 for abuse in. I and

Customer Question

My CNA license was revoke in 2009 for abuse in Virginia. I and another CNA who I had a relationship with, was having sex in the bathroom with the door close while the resident was in bed. The resident wasn't cognitive he suffers from autism. we were caught by another CNA, the girl who was married cries rape. I was arrested and the case was dismisse after being held in advisement for one year. Can I get back my certification and if I can what would I need to do to get it back.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Did you already apply for reinstatement?

When did you lose the license?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I didn't apply for reinstatement. I lost the license in oct 2009. I give a statement to the DON should have kept my mouth shut but wasn't aware of my rights at the time.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Persons who have previously had a finding of neglect, abuse, or misappropriation of patient property placed against their certificate by the Board are ineligible for reinstatement pursuant to Regulation 18 VAC 90-25-80.B.2.

However, persons with a finding of neglect based upon a single occurrence can apply ONCE ONLY for reinstatement with a petition for removal of that finding pursuant to Regulation 18 VAC 90-25-80.B.2.C. An informal fact-finding conference would be scheduled wherein the burden of proof rests upon the nurse aide to provide sufficient evidence demonstrating that personal and employment histories do not reflect a pattern of abusive behavior or neglect.

If you qualify you can find a CNA reinstatement packet at this link.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.