Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

L was involved in a divorce that l feel i was represented

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and l was involved in a divorce that l feel i was represented properly by a lawyer l trusted to give me a fair representation.The ex wife was able to swindle over 60 thousand dollars from my personal savings acct. without me knowing . She convinced me it would be convenient to handle all my banking on the computer she assured me l could trust her she wanted to protect my money.When l realized her dishonesty l told her to leave and started to investigate and to my gut wrenching surprise a company investment l did before l met was sent to my banking acct.in 2007 she put in her bank acct. we were married 2009.l
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: also learned that she was transferring from acct. to hers 1200.00 without my knowledge l realized she was planning to clean me out. this happened in the state of Southern California. l wanted my lawyer to present this to the court and he told me that it would cost me more money. l already paid him 8000.00 and now he's telling me l have to come up with more money.She got most of the real property and l was left with a over $10.000.00 debt and she toid the my lawyer credit cad debt was less then $7000.00 dollars without checking the acct he agreed. l told himat 73 l was on a fixed income and couldn't afford it. his reaction was file for bankruptcy.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No! l have gotten negative feed back seems like the perfect crime plus she was fired by the city for stealing from the senior funds.That's where l met her and to help her get started when fired she said she did not steal and l believed her as all the seniors who believed in her. The sheriff dept. came in made a complete investigation and when completed they dismissed her. l feel she committed a well thought plan to swindle my saving of working over 55 years on the job.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She knew knew all my money was to be donated to research . I loved them vary much in the name of my son and daughter who crossed over at a early age . l loved them very much
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

Hello Tom, sorry about your troubles. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?