Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son is incarcerated in Texas his wife filling for divorce

Customer Question

My son is incarcerated in Texas his wife filling for divorce in North Dakota. They have one child together. In the summons she stated that because of that which he is in prison for that he should not have any contact with his daughter who is now 7. an you help?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Dakota.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I did speak with a lawyer in Minot....same city where his wife lives. He said that he personally has not seen very many situations where the father was not granted some form of contact...be it calls or written letters.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son was convicted of Child pornograghy at age 19 he got 20 years. Of course since his lock up he hasn't been involved and regrets the whole mess now of course. Is your service expensive?
JA: I hope not.
Customer: I have the initial papers with which he was served with...he got an extention but has to file an answer by Sept. 22.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am an attorney with over 20 years of experience and I look forward to assisting you. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. This is information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What was your son convicted of and how much time does he have to serve?