Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Our grandchild is in CWS with a relative. The mother our

Customer Question

our grandchild is in CWS with a relative. The mother our daughter is not meeting her service plan requirements, They want to move to permanancy with Resource Care givers, but we would like to adopt. We are currently trying to get our license to be RCG for our grandchild. The issue was my husband had been flagged on his background check and incident which happened almost 25 years ago.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have a meeting with cws on wed
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

What is CWS?

What is RCG?

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cws Child Welfare Service (child protective service)
rcg Resource Care Giver (Foster Parent)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to try and do it this way first if possitble

I have received your response.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review your information and post my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I still do not see what your specific question is.

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry. We are trying to adopt the baby but CWS would like to keep the baby in the care of the RCG and have them adopt the baby. We are trying desperately for that not to happen and we would like to adopt the baby. We keep hearing
CWS tell us that they do not like to move a baby once a baby has been placed in a home. We tried to get the baby place in our home in the beginning. CWS would not allow that to happen. So our nephew and his wife stepped in as in emergency placement but now they want to adopt the baby. We are in need of help because we would like to adopt the baby and have the baby live with us.

Thank you for the information.

You can file Petition in Court for Adoption of the baby with the consent of the mother and let the Court decide. The CWS would be served a notice of the Petition.

You can obtain Petition forms for Adoption at your local Courthouse, the Courthouse in the County where the child resides, in the Clerk's office.

You may retain the services of a local Attorney who handles CWS cases to assist you with the case. You can also see if you can obtain assistance from legal services in your area.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,