Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex boyfriend got full custody of my son because my lawyer

Customer Question

My ex boyfriend got full custody of my son because my lawyer told me the wrong time to appear in court he had me up here at 1:30 I should have been there at 8 a.m. he had a restraining order on me saying that I was mentally unfit and scared for his girlfriend at the time during our court hearings I was pregnant I had a molar pregnancy lost the baby and yes I was probably very emotionally upset at the time he was sleeping he was with this guy before we ever even split up I don't even mind that now what he does is he uses the restraining order and black male everytime I go to pick up my son we have it where we exchanged him every other day at the police station in Clear Lake where he is always emotionally blackmailing me I am now pregnant with my fiance and my child and he just has me crying all the time threatening to take my son away from me completely telling me I have no rights as a mother to even involved involved in his life and that he's doing me a favor by even letting me see my son now he's telling me I have to write a note to him to tell him where I'm going at all times and that I can't take my son even to the grocery store without his permission
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Can you please share with me what exactly is in place at this time? Is there any visitation or custody order? Do you want shared custody? What did your attorney do after you showed up at the wrong time?