Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son needs proof of father for agent orange lawsuit father

Customer Question

My son needs proof of father for agent orange lawsuit father is deceased
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Need proof of paternity for my son father is deceased court ordered paternity was done
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: How do I get proof of paternity fathers deceased court ordered paternity was done can't find copy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son needs proof of paternity because his half brother filed agent orange suit on their father who is now deceased
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) He can petition the Court for an order to test DNA of the remains of the father, if this is still possible (the DNA can still be traced even if the person is not living); or alternatively;

2) In many times, the Court will assume that the father listed on the birth certificate is correct. If not, then #1 is an option.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!