Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My brother is my dad's poa but he doesn't want the

Customer Question

My brother is my dad's poa but he doesn't want the responsibilities anymore. My father is unable to appoint a new poa because of advancing dementia. I want to take over as his poa, since he lives with me and my husband and me take care of him. What is the easiest way to get this done ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear of your father's declining health; does the POA state the current agent has the authority to appoint a successor agent?