Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Are you allowed to counter sue in landlord tenant court? Can

Customer Question

Are you allowed to counter sue in landlord tenant court? Can you file the countersuit the same day in court? Can a motion to dismissed be filed the same day in court for landlord tenant? If the landlord complaint is filed incorrectly can the case be dismissed and on what grounds.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Are you allowed to counter sue in landlord tenant court?

YES

Can you file the countersuit the same day in court?

GENERALLY, NO. It must be filed before the day of the hearing. It is up to the judge whether to hear it that day, or continue the case to give the other side a chance to prepare.

Can a motion to dismissed be filed the same day in court for landlord tenant?

Yes. It is up to the judge whether to grant or deny it.

If the landlord complaint is filed incorrectly can the case be dismissed and on what grounds

"Incorrectly" is too broad a term. The judge decides if the the error is fatal or correctable by amendment.

I THINK THAT YOU WILL FIND THIS BROCHURE VERY HELPFUL: http://southernmarylandlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/Small-Claims-Ebook.pdf

I hope thatyou will enter a positive (five star) rating.