Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We filed a notice of appeal and combined certificate in both

Customer Question

We filed a notice of appeal and combined certificate in both district and the state supreme court of Iowa. We did not ask for any "fees waived" or court assistance... We ordered a 275 page transcript (not realizing it was going to be $970) and are now wondering if we should have asked for some financial waivers. Or reduction of fees of some sort... or whatever that was that there was a Check Box for on the form... Is it too late? I see another thing that may cost a per/page fee too that seems like it may be costly. Is this what the "fee waiver" stuff was about? And if you ask courts to reduce or waive fees does this hurt your chances for being able to appeal? And is there any way to go back and ask once the combined certificate is filed? Can it be amended and if so, what is the time limit?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.