Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Im given childsoopport to my two sons mom.my ex, and she is

Customer Question

im given childsoopport to my two sons mom.my ex, and she is using that $ as a personal money and she is not buying what my boys need most,she preffer to buy everything used for them,like shoes clothes,but she is sending my sons$ to mexico,and she doesnt work at all cuse said that for she had kid to be sopported with their $,what should i do about or what step shoul do..
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can file a motion for an accounting with the court and ask the judge to require her to prove how she's spending your child's money. IF the court finds that the mother is not spending the money on the child's care, the judge can require it, and the court could change custody to you in order to ensure that the child's need are met and that the money is spent correctly.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Usually, the court would first attempt to hold the mother accountable, require her to produce receipts for money spent on the child, etc., and if that doesn't rectify the issue, the court would likely then consider changing custody.