Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am a newly married this year and have just found out that

Customer Question

I am a newly married this year and have just found out that I will have to share my earnings with my husbands ex wife. HELP! I live in Santa Cruz Ca. From what I have been told she isn't able to use my income to help support her in any way. The divorce has been a year ago. Is there a way to keep my personal information private from her?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Gina,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney and have handled family law matter for 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You wrote: I will have to share my earnings with my husbands ex wife Who told you that?

2. Where are you getting your information?

3. Is your husband paying spousal support?

Thanks in advance,