Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I have to find out about my ex-husband who has been living

Customer Question

I have to find out about my ex-husband who has been living with me off and on for several years, I take him to MD appts and stay with him as needed, . He has been very careful not to give me checks for groceries. He and daughter has conned for years and the only time was when gave me his will leaving me 25000.00. i signed over the house without realizing how he has gone about this , My neighbors has seen this and I want to know what to do about it.???
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No ,he has been apart of my family a long time. I am just realizing what he has done,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i divorced several years ago and he seems to stay with me whatever. Can I file Common Law or what ever<<<<<<<<<
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If he conned you into signing over title to the home then you may need to sue him for fraud or undue influence or unjust enrichment and ask for a court order to undo that transfer. A lot depends on the facts of what actually transpired.

Texas has a real estate fraud statute that you can read about here. The benefit to you is that it provides for your legal fees to be paid by your ex if you win the suit. You may want to consult with a real estate litigation lawyer to see if someone is wiling to take your case on a 33% contingency fee basis.

Here is a link to help you get started.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.