Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

My daughter is in jail because her husband called the cops

Customer Question

My daughter is in jail because her white husband called the cops on her for domestic violence.They have been married for 15 years.Their son drowned at the age of 16 and my daughter Valerie is part black and white. Her husband has called her a ni**er all through their marriage.He also called my grandson aquarter of a ni**er. He filed for divorce while she is in jail.He makes good money and never treated her fairly on finances. He constantly abused her physically ,emotionly, and financially. She pulled his hair for accussing her for their sons death once again. Now shes sitting in jail because of it. But my question is cant she sue him for calling her a ni**er after all these years?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, generally, emotional and/or verbal abuse / insults between two legally married spouses would not be legally actionable and unfortunately, generally there would not be any legal recourse under similar circumstances, unless there is some type of actual physical or criminal activity involved as well.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!