RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I am seeking some legal advice concerning my one of my

Customer Question

Hello! My name is***** am seeking some legal advice concerning my one of my children. Child Protective Services were at my son's school yesterday asking him questions about has anyone ever sexually touch him in his private area and he said no. Sunday night I got a call from the Police Department stating that my son's father had contacted them to say there was a video posted on social media by his sister's saying that they were video taping his private area which was not true. So CPS is in my life all cause of my son's father make an false accusation. He has been trying for years to take my son away from me and I just wanted to know if I need to seek an attorney for this matter.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I think a lawyer here is a great idea.This has potential custody and criminal issues.A lawyer to speak and keep the questions on point is a great idea.I have seen may occasions where it starts out as one thing with CPS and next thing you know they are checking house for cleanliness, hair follicle drug testing, parenting classes, and criminal accusations.

You should be very paranoid here, these guys are always out looking for something. A lawyer here to address all of this and limit questions is a great idea.

Also you may want to sue the ex here for defamation for these false and defaming statements.A lawyer can help with that as well.

Often CPS will keep the case open so they can snoop for several months checking up on you and your house, child in school, etc.which really goes way beyond the complaint.It is their nature to snoop and keep on snooping.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

13 Sept 2016, 10:51 AM

Lawyer referral

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

TDFPS the CPS agency in Texas in general is not your friend, they can sound real sweet and next thing you know police appear.

Make sure you have no illegal drugs, weapons, etc on the premises, because they will look for stuff like this.They are real snoopers.