Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband left me as executor on his will in Texas. I

Customer Question

My husband left me as executor on his will in Texas. I probated with a lawyer and got the testaments from Texas court. His son who I had never met in 10 years then afterwards went to court and he got a Texas lawyer but did not have any will he has challenged my exectorship in a Texas court. The son's lawyer told him he was going to drop him because he would not win in Texas and told my attorney this info of which he told me. That was a little over 6 weeks ago, nothing has been filed where I can take the estate over. My attorney wanted to not say anything to them because I do not have a lot of money to fight in a court. Is there any type of contempt of court that can be filed to move this on? I have spent so much on a attorney in Texas & Washington I don't have much money left. I am 66 years old and retired to take care of my husband when he got sick. Help is there anything I can do to seed this up?? Maurine Walker
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Was the will admitted to probate and you were named personal representative here?Just trying to understand how far this has gone here??

Is the son here challenging just for you being executor(personal representative) or the will itself?