Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ok I am recently divorced, and in the divorce decree it

Customer Question

Ok I am recently divorced, and in the divorce decree it states that I am to pay a certain. Amount in Child support, and my ex is to pay a certain amount to me, each month to pay off my half of them home, which I let them keep rather than sell and split. Are the two sums equally enforceable by law. And if they don't pay, then can I get them for contempt of court, and have them locked up, just like they could me, if I didn't pay child support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am a licensed attorney for over 20 years and I look forward to assisting you. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Are you online right now?