Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

My daughter has verbally abused me about 6 times in the last

Customer Question

My daughter has verbally abused me about 6 times in the last 2 month. My husband had recently passed away and my antidepressant wasn't working. I Did contact several of OUR contacts and tried to reveal my side of the story and a lot of the horrible things she has done in the past. I know that was wrong, now. She plans on getting a restraining order against me. I'm am in a better me talk place now. I can come up with several witnesses about her verbal abuse and a lot of other thinngs.
She shouldn't want me to have to tell the judge about her past. She is a compulsive liar and a manioulator. Can I get a public defender?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Unfortunately, a public defender is not available for a restraining order. A public defender is only available for defense of criminal charges, but a restraining order is not a criminal charge, it is a civil dispute. As a result, the court will not appoint a public defender.