RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Okay my Ex husband and i where Divorced in early april in

Customer Question

Okay my Ex husband and i where Divorced in early april in 2015. I got pregnant April 18th 2015. We got back together end of June 2015. He knew i was pregnant,by someone else. He swore and begged me to be in our lives. He wanted to be the dad. So we stayed together the rest of my 7 months. He signed the Birth certificate we lived together until our son turned 8 months then he just left. He still gets to see him all the time.keeps him about 12 hrs a week while im at work. The Bio dad said he didnt care,i havent heard from him since i told him i was pregnant. My question is by law in my state. Who would they consider the father? My son adores his dad. The one who just up and left after over a year. Was it illeagal for him knowing he wasn't the father to sign all the papers? Im in Arkansas.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here the ex husband if he signed the birth certificate is the legal father and is legally obligated to support the child and have visitation.You would be able to file with the courts for such support.He certified he was the legal father and the law consider him such with obligation to support the child under the law.

He has right to claim to be parent and did do , legally he is required to support the child since he signed the affidavit of paternity and birth certificate.

If you are wanting child support you can file here through the state.

http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/childSupport/Pages/default.aspx

He didn't do anything illegal here he voluntarily claimed paternity.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more .Thanks again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for answering my question. Is this is this true, for the State of Arkansas? Would they want anything from the Bio father? I haven't heard a word from him in 14 months.