ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

If my daughter age 24 dies and has no spouse or children.

Customer Question

If my daughter age 24 dies and has no spouse or children. Isn't it my decision as her mother who gave birth to her have the right to make all decision. Causen unrelated have the right to release her body to anyone bury her and. Not inform me
Can I stop them from burying her until I can be there and say goodbye . since I'm over 00?¿;
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and my condolences on your loss. Yes, you are "first in line" before any other next of kin. Here's the law that governs that: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=hsc&group=07001-08000&file=7100-7117.1. Basically it says first to spouse, then to child, then to parent, then to sibling, then to further relatives (and so on...). Now you might need to file a "temporary restraining order" depending on what occurs, and might have to go through the probate court to enforce your rights. But you are "first in line" here, as you're the next of kin, and can prevent any relatives further down the line from doing this.

That being said, you need to contact an attorney in the area that deals with probate cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★).

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!