Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was poa of both my mom an dad an my dad got mad at me for

Customer Question

I was poa of both my mom an dad an my dad got mad at me for what ever an told me that he was taking me off of everthing an that i was nnot going to get anything that i was to get as they had me named in his will .my mom is no longer in her right mind as said an he has had her name someone else as her poa also an I know that my mom wouldn't want any one but me to see after her I am the only child an I have one child watch I think is who my dad has changed things over to which she dosent even live in Texas an has four kids of her own an I don't think she need to be over me or my mom an dad do you feel that I have any say in what's has gone on with my mom an dad do I have the right to ask about the poa on my mom cuz they have sold there home an put her in a nursing home an say that I can't see her an when I tried to go an see her my dad who is the sick one seen me driving in as he was leaving the nursing home were he has put her an he lives in a apt.so he can do as he wants an not have to care for my mom that isn't as bab as he is he called the cop on me an the cops said I wasn't allowed cuz my dad was paying for my mom to be there an I would be trespassing if I came back to see her an would go to jail what if any rights do I have if any when I call to talking to my mom she ask me why she is in the place an not my dad an that she misses me an wants to see me an for me to come an get her Can I do that or will I go to jail cuz my dad has tried to get me put in jail lied to the cops about alit of things which I have not been jail for any of the thing but have been ask Abbott it all A.P.S.has met with us an close the case as soon as they talked to us cuz my dad was lieing about all of the things that were told to them on me .Hope to here from you soon an sure hope you can help me out with all of this stuff that I ask . Thank You Sylvia Brown.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You mention that you think that your mother is not in her right mind.... do you feel the same about your father? That is, do you think that he's suffering from some sort of dementia, etc... that is causing him to act in an irrational way that he would not otherwise act if he was in his right mind? And do you think that you could prove this with medical evidence if need be?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?