LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Im searching to see if my buisness account can be frozen,

Customer Question

im searching to see if my buisness account can be frozen
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: pa
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no, my case is closed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they attached a 5000 garnishment to my case cause i owed arrears, is that legal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If the business account is in your name or uses your social security number and there is a judgment against you personally, then yes, your business account can be frozen.

However, if the business is an LLC or a corporation and the judgment is not against the LLC or corporation, then no, the business account cannot be frozen.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,