Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How can I get a divorce from an illegal immigrant husband?

Customer Question

How can I get a divorce from an illegal immigrant husband? He got in trouble in Las Vegas, NV and then asked me to marry him. We married March 1993 he was deported but came back in the US illegally. He left me in October 2001 just to make fun of our farce of a marriage. I want a divorce after almost 16 years. I do not want him to get my Military Veterans benefits or my retirement benefits. I do not know where he is now he was deported to St. Kitts Basseterre but not sure what country he is located now.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry I am in Memphis TN.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We had no children, no assets or property I just want a legal divorce.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a specific question?

Doug