Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

My mother died in 2003 and had a quite large trust that they

Customer Question

My mother died in 2003 and had a quite large trust that they left t myself & my sister (9 yrs older). She was divorced from her 3rd husband prior to mom's passing & got several hundred thousand $ with divorce! She squandered it & paid no taxes & mom had to pay off her taxes ( over 15k $) mom changed her irrevocable trust to make me in charge of her portion so she would be taken good care of. Just b4 mom died 1 Mo prior I told ker I knew it would ruin our relationship & t plz put her portion of trust in her two daughters names &she had it changed.
She had her trust atty write up the amendment & then her declined rapidly!! A wk later she had heart issues & sml stroke && went t hosp. And she honestly said to me in ambulance to call atty & have my husband go by there & get amendment for her t sign. He did but by time he arrived at hsp she was not lucid so I got a notary public there quick & helped her sign & then she died.if I divulged this info would I be in legal trouble
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

As long as you are honest about theses chain of events if and when the issue arises, then there would be no reason for you to be in any legal trouble. I suppose that your sister could challenge the amendment under grounds of it being signed under undue influence; but since you are not receiving any more from the trust than you would have before the amendment and since it is your sister's two daughters that become the new beneficiaries of your sister's 50%, then your sister would have a hard time winning any such challenge.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.