Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

In the custody of a child who has more rights the father or

Customer Question

in the custody of a child who has more rights the father or mother
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I see that you are in Louisiana. I am licensed to practice law in Virginia, New Jersey and Georgia, but the standard is the same across the board.

States look at what is in the best interest of the child. Many factors are involved in making this determination, such as the age and maturity of the child and the situation concerning each parent. Can you tell me a little bit more? How old is the child? What is the situation?

So essentially neither parent has the favor of the judge simply because one is the mother and the other is the father. I see many fathers in my practice being awarded custody by the judge because doing so was was in the best interest of the child. I hope this answers your question.

Did you get the help that you needed? I am here if you need me to give you some additional general information concerning your legal matter. Just let me know. I am here to help. Take care!

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.