Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

If I am behind in Child Support in Tennessee, what action

Customer Question

If I am behind in Child Support in Tennessee, what action can be taken if I reside in Texas now? I am paying a little at a time. I am unemployed.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The State of Tennessee's Child Support office can file suit against you for the unpaid debt and seek a judgment against you. Once the judgment is entered, it can be enrolled in Texas, and your wages can be garnished, bank account can be levied, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Whether the Child Support office will go to those lengths really depends on how much is owed and whether they believe it is possible to collect.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Hi - I was checking in to see if you needed anything further. Is so, please let me know. If not, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.