AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

My son came to me last fall that he was being pinched by his

Customer Question

My son came to me last fall that he was being pinched by his father's stepson, who was 19. My son said he would do it when no one was around or wasn't watching. My son was told not to tell anyone after he was pinched until he finally broke down and told me after his visit. Until now I have figured out what his last name is. Can I file a police report?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

If you believe the pinching is serious enough to constitute abuse, then you can file a police report. The police will want to know if you have ever seen marks on him or photographed the marks. You might want to file a report with Child and Family Services. That's usually the starting point, because they are set up to investigate whether there is abuse, and if you make the report to Child and Family Services, your identity as the reporter is usually kept totally confidential. I'm sorry your son is going through that. How hard for him.

Has that helped?

I see you have reviewed my question, but you have not asked any follow up or said if I have answered your question. Please could you let me know if I answered your question?