Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I live in NC and am active Army. We received a call from CPS

Customer Question

I live in NC and am active Army. We received a call from CPS regarding a complaint of child neglect. The social worker threatened to call my chain of command if we refuse to meet with a CPS investigator in our home. We were not advised of our rights and need guidance. We are expecting a house call tomorrow morning at 10a. How can we protect our rights and prevent our child from potential removal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.