AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

Can a Judge rule that a father who has never pain child

Customer Question

can a Judge rule that a father who has never pain child support for his 17 y o son is liable for only the past three years
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

A judge has alot of discretion to decide these types of issues. They generally give alot of weight to whether the mother filed a petition in the court and tried to collect child support, sometimes not allowing her to be awarded child support for the time period before she filed the petition.

Does that answer you question? If you have further questions, I'm happy to help.

Can you please let me know if I have answered your question? Please type in your response.