Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm getting a divorce and the price of our condo we own is

Customer Question

Hello, I'm getting a divorce and the price of our condo we own is contested. My lawyer is gone for the weekend and I need an answer.
My ex-husband (we are in the middle of a divorce) says "I'm having my lawyer request a court order requiring me to share it " (my real estate appraisal) I have two appraisals. Can they (lawyer/court) really make me show them BOTH appraisals, legally?? I'm planning on only using the one lower appraisal. One appraisal is very very high (bad) and one is low.
My lawyer has the original [high] one which I do not want to disclose to the other party. Can a court order force me to show BOTH of them ( the other party does not know that I have more than one, or even have one at all....they just suspect) that I paid for myself with my own money?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
unfortunately the judge could order you to show any appraisal. Your lawyer can object if he can demonstrate to the judge that the higher one is defective.