Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am disabled and I have custody in Kentucky of my

Customer Question

I am disabled and I have custody in Kentucky of my grandchildren but when it came to California they did not ask me if I had custody and this was eight years ago my. My sister has custody of them what can I do now I am the grandmother and I am disabled as I was informed that I am was told by my sister that she classify me as bipolar schizophrenic and everything else how can I take care of this how can I get it off my record and how can I get my grandchildren back away from her after 8 years my daughter never took the custody away from me in Kentucky now I live in California what can I do I need to know sincerely Michelle
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

1. How did the children get to CA and out of your physical custody?

.

2. Or were you awarded custody of the children in KY and then moved with them to CA?

.

3. Did sister file a petition in CA to take custody away from you alleging that you had a mental illness?

.

4. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having any mental illness?

.

5. What is the reason for waiting 8 years to try and take action on this?

,

,

thanks