Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Can DCSS refuse to adjust a case for the following resaon.

Customer Question

can DCSS refuse to adjust a case for the following resaon. my custody went up %30 and income down $500 and this is what they are telling. the stip not completed by the attorney is over 60 days.Good Morning –
I know you completed one for George, but that was before we had actual figures. I will need the one that I sent you completed. So now I would like to discuss the child support orders. In my discussions with the Court yesterday, the Stipulation that you signed back in June of 2016 was not accepted by the Courts and was returned to you. The reason it was not accepted was because you or attorney tried to file it with the courts without original signatures. What does that mean. It means that it is not recognized as a valid order until you comply with the request of the courts.
What impact does that have in your child support case. The Department cannot recognize an unfiled Stipulation and will continue to enforce the $298.00 order that is in place. Once you have successfully filed your Stipulation and it is signed by a Judge and filed with the Courts, only then can I adjust your accounts.
Can the Department do anything to assist you? Unfortunately, no we cannot. That would be considered providing legal advice. You have three options, 1. Do it on your own; 2. Go see the Family Law Facilitator; 3. Go back to your original attorney and find out what happened to your Stipulation. I have attached a copy of your unfiled Stipulation for your review.
Once you have a filed Stipulation, please provide a full copy to George and she will go through the process of adjusting your accounts.
Take Care,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is yes.

You need to do what the DCSS requires that you do in order to get the adjustment made.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.