Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I am trying to find an attorney in the fairfax area that can

Customer Question

I am trying to find an attorney in the fairfax virginia area that can help my mother obtain a delayed birth certificate.There was never a certificate of birth filed for her and she is not able to provide all the necessary documents for the vital statics to issue it with out a petition from the court. We are being told by vital statistics we need to petition the court for it under the birth record petition 32.1-260.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: She lives in NC.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so .
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

We are not permitted to refer any particular lawyer to JA's customers or to represent them in a case; however you need to find a family law attorney to assist you with this. This link may help you locate such a lawyer.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If youcan not help find a lawyer or advise what to do in this case what am I paying for? I do not understand what service you provide
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

We do answer many legal questions and help point people in the right direction which saves them time and money by the way of costly errors using the trial and error approach. We also review documents and give phone consults on legal issues. (Here) is my profile. You can click on it and see a list of recent questions I have answered for customers. To give you an idea of how often our services are used, I answer over 500 questions each month.