AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

My wife and I. Negotiated and executed a separation

Customer Question

My wife and I. Negotiated and executed a separation agreement in April using a mediator. She now wants to change it. Can that agreement be unwound by either party?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Yes, but it is hard. She would have to have a reason legally sufficient to justify setting aside the agreement, such as incompetency, mutual mistake, or fraud. Usually buyer's remorse is insufficient.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let's discuss

It states the phone call payment didn't work for some reason. You can continue to chat with me if you need, or you can contact customer service to see what the payment issue is.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How many times in your legal career have you seen a separation agrmnt that was carefully negotiated by a neutral 3-td. Party defeated?

I apologize about not responding back last night. I had some computer issues and got kicked off. I've only seen a settlement agreement set aside 2-3 times. I've seen them enforced countless times.