Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My mother's papers (annuity, life ins., funeral policy) all

Customer Question

My mother's papers (annuity, life ins., funeral policy) all had beneficiaries listed like 'all surviving children'. No probate needed. I'm executor and need to write checks to siblings. What do we need to know about the approximate amount (5K) and taxes?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: PA with
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: He said there was nothing for him since the state PA would get it all. They did not.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She died June 2014. The estate recovery program for dept. of welfare did not take any of the 11K
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

So are the remaining funds part of probate here or were they made out to the beneficiaries by name?Do you have the funds?